Thursday, May 21, 2026
Menu
TRUMP PANICS LIKE CRAZY AS HE LEADS US TO

White House Creates Task Force to Manage Superpower Decline

New internal office will oversee orderly transition from global hegemon to failed state, officials say.

May 20, 2026 / 3 min read

Satirical cartoon for White House Creates Task Force to Manage Superpower Decline
Satirical cartoon for White House Creates Task Force to Manage Superpower Decline

WASHINGTON — The White House announced Tuesday the formation of a new interagency task force charged with managing the United States' transition from dominant world power to cautionary tale. The Office of Superpower Transition Management, established by Executive Order 1408, will coordinate across federal departments to ensure what a spokesperson called an 'orderly and dignified decline.'

The move follows what several foreign policy analysts described as a 'perfectly clarifying' state visit by Don the Con to Beijing last week. During a press availability, the former president confirmed to reporters that both nations routinely spy on one another, then called the Chinese president 'tough but fair' and asked for a Diet Coke.

'We determined the most cost-effective solution to the long-term decline scenario was to stop fighting it,' said Task Force Director Stephen Miller, speaking from a previously empty office in the Commerce Department. 'Our models indicate that trying to reverse decline would require complex policy interventions, whereas embracing it simply requires a press release and some light delegation of blame.'

The task force will operate with an initial annual budget of $12 million, drawn from funds previously allocated to the State Department's Office of Global Engagement. That office was closed last month after a brief internal review concluded its work had been 'aspirational rather than actual.'

The decline management effort draws heavily on research by Yale historian Timothy Snyder, whose recent Substack post identified thirteen distinct ways a superpower ceases to be one. A senior policy advisor at the task force confirmed the White House had distributed Snyder's list to all cabinet secretaries. 'The president found it helpful,' the advisor said. 'He read the first three bullet points, nodded, and then said he could handle the rest from personal experience.'

Among the task force's immediate priorities: a standardized form for foreign governments to register complaints about diminished American influence, a working group on the aesthetic design of shrinking embassy footprints, and a public-awareness campaign with the working tagline 'We Had A Good Run.'

Economists note that a key component of decline is the accelerating exodus of scientific talent from the United States. The task force's charter acknowledges this trend without proposing a remedy. A draft memo circulated this week recommends 'accepting brain drain as a natural, unstaffed transfer of expertise to our allied competitors.'

The memo adds that the U.S. economy has benefited for decades from a brain gain, and that 'a brief, multigenerational period of brain loss' might present an exciting opportunity for other nations.

Agency staffing announcements include a Director of Inevitability, an Undersecretary for Managed Retreat, and a communications lead whose first act was to replace the press briefing room's flag with a smaller, slightly tattered one found in storage.

More From The Trumpet

Satirical cartoon for Insurrectionists Now Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Suffering Settlement
02TRUMP J6ER SCHEME INSTANTLY BACKFIRES IN

Insurrectionists Now Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Suffering Settlement

Justice Department fund reimburses convicted rioters for legal fees and 'emotional devastation,' with payouts scaled to their claimed hardship. One expected recipient, a pardoned child molester, has filed for $4.7 million.

May 21, 2026 / 3 min read